• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! Galaxy Ace Urgent Problem

Velorum

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Hello, Today i have an issue with my Galaxy Ace. I decided to upgrade my Galaxy Ace at version 2.3.4 (Rooted) to this CyanogenMod i found today.
So, after placing the custom rom into my sdcard, i booted my phone into recovery mode and pressed the update option. It seemed to update normally. After the installation was completed, the phone rebooted and after the normal Galaxy Ace startup, Instead of the Samsung logo flashing, It showed a word "ANDROID" with spaces in between and in Times New Roman. Then, after 10 minutes, it was still at that same black screen with the "ANDROID". Then, i tried going into recovery mode and i tried to factory reset it, it showed

"E: format_volume : rfs format failed on /dev/stl13
Formatting /cache...
E: format volume: rfs format failed on /dev/stl14
Data wipe complete."

Then, i tried rebooting the phone. The same thing appeared.
So, Can anyone help me PLEASE?

Hello, Today i have an issue with my Galaxy Ace. I decided to upgrade my Galaxy Ace at version 2.3.4 (Rooted) to this CyanogenMod i found today.
So, after placing the custom rom into my sdcard, i booted my phone into recovery mode and pressed the update option. It seemed to update normally. After the installation was completed, the phone rebooted and after the normal Galaxy Ace startup, Instead of the Samsung logo flashing, It showed a word "ANDROID" with spaces in between and in Times New Roman. Then, after 10 minutes, it was still at that same black screen with the "ANDROID". Then, i tried going into recovery mode and i tried to factory reset it, it showed

Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete."

Hi, I have same problem. Have you revive your ACE?

Upvote 0

Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete."

flask a fresh stock rom using odin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones