• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Getting Contacts out of sidekick 4g

Xx LeAsT xX

Lurker
Dec 27, 2011
Hello. I recently wet my phone and lost all my contacts since i saved all my contacts to the phone..

I have read people say all your contacts are saved to your gmail and sent to your new phone once you log in, but does that work if i had sync off?

would i get them if i borrowed a friends android phone and just logged in??

i searched my gmail account online for any contacts but found nothing.. would i get them if i borrowed a friends android phone and just logged in??

Furthermore, my phone appears to work.. volume keys, led indicators, light on the keyboard, but the screen is messed up.. it dont turn on at all.. i tried connecting to kies and samsung pc studio but couldnt connect.. possibly because i couldnt click on the right thing like mass storage and what not.. anything i could possibly do to get the contacts if they dont automatically get sent to say my friends phone when i log in? thanks.. :)

If you never sync'ed the contacts to Google then they will not be there. It sounds like you have verified this already on your computer. If they are not there on the computer they will not show up no matter what device you use.

If your phone has a SIM Card the contacts may be on the SIM care or they may be on the SD card if you told the phone to back them up there.

I did find this over at XDA
all PIM data (contacts, appointments, tasks) are stored in the file 'pim.vol' which is located in the root entry.
but I do not know if he is talking about the root of the phone or the SD Card, and I can not find such a file on my phone in either root. Here is the link, you might go over there and ask.
Where are the contacts stored on the phone? - xda-developers

Reactions: Xx LeAsT xX
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot "chrstdvd" i will definately check that out.. and ask if i find nothing on my phone right now but i might have already messed up... When the option save to phone appears.. does it save to the sd card or the phones internal memory?? i assumed internal and i already formatted my card for another phone... :(

Upvote 0
yeah i just talked to tmobile support and they said it is saved to the internal drive. i hope he wasnt mistaken. if so there is still hope. i thought maybe they could take them out remotely somehow with the sim card still in the phone but that wasnt the case. everything had to do with sync somehow and i had it off. now its time to google and see if i can get into the internal drive of my phone.. wish me luck! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones