• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP, Juice defender doesn't disable Mobile Data when Wi-fi is on?

desibuoy

Jan 6, 2012
Why does my Juice defender not turn OFF mobile data when the phone starts using Wi-fi?? The toggle-data widget as well as my phone settings show Mobile Data is ON.... I have set JD to cut off all connections everytime I put the phone to sleep, that works fine, but when I start using it, both connections turn on and Mobile data doesn't go OFF then, until I put the phone back to sleep!!!

From what you describe in your other post, I often see the same thing. When my phone switches to Wifi, the mobile radio will often stay on for a little while, but it will switch off eventually. I don't care as long as no data is being sent over mobile.

What profile are you using?

I am new to JD so not sure what you mean by what profile I'm using. There are tons of settings, and most of them I haven't touched.

Also, I thought a little about this and I think that it's pretty standard to keep Mobile data ON together with the Wi-fi while using the phone. Both of them get turned OFF anyways when you put the phone to sleep!

OMG, I have a new problem now. Sometimes, JD stops managing the connectivity, like it's dead or something. When I start using the phone, it doesn't turn either of the connections ON, so I have to do it manually, and when I put it to sleep, it doesn't shut them OFF!!! Suddenly, it starts working again! What's up with that?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones