• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HELP] Looking for Stock Alcatel OT-983 ROM (update.zip)

ahkronn

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
Hello, Been looking for some days for a solution for my problems but couldn't find anything yet.
I'm very, very noob with all this android things and after deleted some bloatware I stupidly installed a firmware upgrade.
Things went bad. some stuff just stop working, su went berzerk and a recovery and a posterior bad flash locked me out of the phone.

Also, I can't get to bootloader and in no way I can get fastboot to work (searched for days for a solution) and can't su from adb shell.

So, can someone help me getting a stock rom for my OT-983 (debloated and rooted would be great) in update.zip form?

update.zip because it's the only thing I can really get to work (can access a 4 choice recovery by adb).

Something similar happened to me... Rooted, uninstalled some bloat from system and after a factory reset I'm stuck in the initial setup wizard (after completing almost all stages from setup it crashes at the end, after connecting at the google account - tryed to ignore that step but either way it crashes). Fastboot works but adb don't.
I do have another identical phone Alcatel One Touch OT-983 but with no root and no modifications.
Is there a way to backup the original/stock image and flash it over the malfunctioning one and restore it??
I tried with the proprietary upgrade tool from Alcatel but no succes as it close saying I don't need an upgrade because it's the last version of software installed in my phone. I thought even to broke intentionally the rom but I'm afraid that the upgrade utility from Alcatel will let me down, as I read that another users didn't managed to complete successfully the upgrading process. Is there a way to trick the system that has a previous version of Android?
Thank you for taking your time to read this and hope someone has an idea to solve our problem.
Have a nice day guys, you can contact me at puiocku at gmail dot com.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones