• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help! Make the voice notification stop!

allysar

Lurker
Jul 6, 2012
((sorry, using a Galaxy S3)))

I had been using the stock Home Page. I customized it by adding a today agenda widget and Beautiful Widgets clock/weather. I created an empty folder of my own that I placed all of my most commonly used apps into and placed in my Home Dock for easy access.

A few days ago I downloaded GO Launcher EX to see if I would like it better. Eh, it is okay. The themes are nice, etc. I really liked the info I had on my old Home screen though.

When I press the Home Key at the bottom it gives me a choice "Complete action using a) GO Launcher EX or b) TouchWiz Home If I choose the Touch Wiz Home I get my familiar screen I want. However, now when I open that Folder I created I get a voice notification "The Folder is Open" and when I close it "The Folder Is Closed" Even if the phone is on silent or vibrate I get this voice notification.

I don't know how to make it stop! (or how I started it in the first place)

Please, please, anyone with an idea? I am sorry for the long post but figured the more info I gave you the easier it might be to find a solution.

Thank you, thank you!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones