• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me choose a device.

MaNiCC

Lurker
Jun 19, 2011
I apologise in advance if this is not the correct area to post this question.

I currently have a galaxy s4, I am debating between upgrading to a nexus 6 or a galaxy s6. I was going to go with the S6 but I absolutely despise Touchwiz, but on the other hand it appears to be a much better device than the nexus 6.

Any and all suggestions welcome :)

Reactions: KJohns
If you use the MicroSD slot on your S4 then you'll want a device that will let you continue using it. So the LG G4 or HTC One M9 are definitely worth a look. The G4 gives you a card slot and a user replaceable battery while the M9 has the card slot but the battery isn't user replaceable. Personally I'm going with the G4 for my next upgrade. I'll miss the stereo speakers on the M9 but the larger screen size of the G4 will help ease the pain.

What do you use your device for mostly MaNiCC?

Upvote 0
I use it for everything really, but mainly an automation application called tasker which requires root privileges. I can make use of my Micro SD card elsewhere. I'm currently becoming impatient as my S4 screen is cracked, I just can't make a decision. But it will be either the s6 or N6

Upvote 0
I'm looking at the g4 now, would you say it is a better device than the n6?

Better? That's subjective and really down to personal preferences. It has (imho) a better feel, especially with one of the leather finishes. The subtle top-to-bottom curve and chamfered edges also help to disguise the size, and make it stand out from the run-of-the-mill "rectangles with rounded corners" out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones