• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me Unbrick my HTC hero

Hi! I also bricked my phone. I'm not a n00b, neither am I a super pro, but I installed a bad ROM (someone uploaded the wrong ROM and kernel, for the US Sprint Hero, into a G2 forum) and I totally bricked my Hero! The light doesn't turn on when I plug in USB and I can't go into Recovery mode with any combination of buttons.

I read on most of the forums and the ultimate way is to JTag it, but I have no equipment and ordering a $50 JTag for a $20 phone seems pointless. I was wondering if anybody has any hackable USB options that I can rip apart, solder, etc. I roamed the forums and found some options for USB (first post, can't post links). BRB on link. But I am not very skilled in making it work for the Hero. Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones