• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me

sumsam

Lurker
Sep 9, 2013
****UNLOCKED****
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.57.39.10M
Feb 8 2012.18:29:31

I have wildfire s. i have tried most of roms available on xda and android forums, my phone accepts no ICS roms none of ICS roms boot, it stucks on htc logo, only one rom loaded which was gingerbread. then i noticed that it is not accepting any of ICS roms. Pleas help me, every rom(ICS) shows same thing, it stucks on htc logo. Please Help. My phone is useless.
every time i try new rom, i do wipe data/fact reset then wipe cache partition, then wipe dalvik and then install zip from sd. and rom shows successfully flashed. but every rom gives same result, stuck on htc logo, m i doing some wrong? pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase Helppppppp

S-on is an extra layer of security, s-off obviously meaning that security is turned off.

One of the downsides of being s-on is on a lot of roms, you need to manually flash the boot.img from cmd to get the rom to boot properly.

Seeing as how only gb roms boot on your device, that's what makes me think the security is the issue.

It also depends what your hboot is as you've already posted, and what software version your on. Software version of the rom matters too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones