• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP NEEDED!!] Soft Bricked VS880[11b]

can you please help me with a soft unbricking of my lg g vista (vs880 [11b]) from verizon usa? i found the 880-11b firmware file, at least i think its the right one. if you know of/ come across this and are sure of its validity i would trust that more. i found and downloaded via a google search. i initially think i may have accidentally deleted the splash pic for the carrier when it boots. this caused it to just black screen after the lg logo n the backlight would flash like it was stuck in a boot loop just the image file was missing. after a little more research i figured out how to put it in the download mode so that i can use a pc to try repair or reinstall whatever it needs. i am unsure if i need the sdk or adk toolkits for a repair in the download mode to work. while on that screen it says its plugged in and waiting to download firmware via usb under the progress bar it tells me not to unplug until download is completed. its not showing up in "my computer" however. and i've never had to do s software/firmware download or setup when the phone wasn't in full normal working order. i simply want to put back the out of the box software back in place. firmware 88011b and 4.4.2 os. just want to be sure i get the proper files/and or programs/ directions to use those resources properly the last thing i want is to guess at something that i could ask someone more experienced for help with and end up bricking it beyond repair. any and all help is very appreciated and i must ask you to please explain each step as clearly and "dumbed down" as possible as you can. if i need to use a program i've never used before {i.e. i hear things like odin mentioned in the forums but i don't understand or have any experience with any pc to phone applications so the more detailed any instructions can be made the better. anything that most ppl who have started tinkering with their devices usually know as common sense or steps that seem implied if not specifically mentioned i'll miss. i have been reading n lurking for months n managed to root the device. but had another issue i accidentally caused soon after which resulted in a factory wipe and some time to remember what i did that rooted it after spending a day on it the first time n trying many things it took me a while to refind what i had done that worked. then this happened. i'm sure with the proper files/tools it'll be fine but i need help to know what those are and to be sure i do it right the first time. i know if i don't there may not be a second chance. thank you again in advance for your patience and help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones