• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Needed Updating 4.4.2 to 4.4.4

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone! I'm looking to update my phone to enable VoLTE due to network upgrades, I need to update from Android 4.4.2 to Android 4.4.4...specs below:

Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
AT&T Branded
Unlocked/Unrooted
T-Mobile Network - United States
SM-G870A
Android Version: 4.4.2
AP: G870AUCU1ANG3
CP: G870AUCU1ANG3
CSC: G870AATT1ANG3

I've tried OTA update and Smart Switch to no avail due to age/branding, no luck with Android Kies for Samsung either as the software seemed buggy. I've scoured the web raw looking for an update download with no luck.....not being a huge fan of newer phones I'd greatly appreciate assistance bumping mine up a notch to enable VoLTE.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! I'm looking to update my phone to enable VoLTE due to network upgrades, I need to update from Android 4.4.2 to Android 4.4.4...specs below:

Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
AT&T Branded
Unlocked/Unrooted
T-Mobile Network - United States
SM-G870A
Android Version: 4.4.2
AP: G870AUCU1ANG3
CP: G870AUCU1ANG3
CSC: G870AATT1ANG3

I've tried OTA update and Smart Switch to no avail due to age/branding, no luck with Android Kies for Samsung either as the software seemed buggy. I've scoured the web raw looking for an update download with no luck.....not being a huge fan of newer phones I'd greatly appreciate assistance bumping mine up a notch to enable VoLTE.

Thanks in advance!
Although the phone is carrier unlocked from AT&T the firmware is still issued by them and you will need to be on their network to update it as it is issued by them.

See #1.6 of...

42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Upvote 0
Although the phone is carrier unlocked from AT&T the firmware is still issued by them and you will need to be on their network to update it as it is issued by them.

See #1.6 of...

42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

I'd imagine rooting is the only option for changing the OS...unless AT&T felt exceptionally helpful and generous after having them in the past.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones