• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help needed with app update

turts11

Feb 7, 2011
Hi,

For some unknown reason every time i try and update Angry Birds Rio from the market place, my phone wont let me. It downloads 100% then i get a message saying cant download, try again.

I've tried several times today, tried everything i can think of. I've turned the phone off and on, moved the app from the SD card and tried, then moved it back again and tried again. Still nothing. My mate has managed to download it on the same phone, HTC Deisre 2.2 on the same Vodafone network.

Any ideas on how i can get this to work would be brilliant, many thanks in advance!!:mad:

Hmm. I know how to do it on a rooted phone. I'm not sure it will work using adb on an unrooted phone, but you can try it.

Firstly follow the red link in my sig to locate the adb & fastboot FAQ.

Follow it to set up adb on your PC>

Boot into recovery on your phone (from off, vol down+power, then highlight recovery using volume and select using power. Then Vol up + power. connect to PC using USB).

Then get into adb shell (explained in FAQ)

then the following command:

mount /cache

followed by

rm -r /cache/download/*

I honestly dont know if this will work without root. I'm guessing not, but since I havent got an unrooted desire to test on, I cannot be 100%

Other than this I really cant think.

The only thing I know for sure that will erase cache is a factory reset.

You could always download visionary+ (google it) and temp root your desire (lost at reboot, doesn't affect warranty) then do a full backup with titanium backup. Then reset the phone, temp root again and titanium restore. That way you lose no data or anything...

Its a tricky position to be in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones