HELP! New HTC Desire has died

Last Updated:

1. Michelle666

Michelle666 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know what to do. I tried to make a call this morning and it kept disconnecting, even though it was showing signal. So I decided to turn it off. This took over 15mins. Finally it went off. I switched it back on to find it will only make Emergency calls and I don't know why.

I've turned it off mutiple times now, even taken the battery out etc and nothing works

Any advice people? Its been very slow the last couple of days, and frozen a couple of times. I've only had the phone 3 weeks from new (T-Mobile!)

Advertisement
  2. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory reset, if you do this will wipe all data so back up data first to SD card.

What changes have you made to the phone lately or just before you started having problems?

3. Michelle666

Ohh no I don't really want to do Factory reset if I don't have to.

How do I back up the data to my SD Card?

All my contacts are on GoogleMail so thats not a problem. Not fussed about loosing apps as I know what they are (don't have many)

The last couple of days its been a bit sluggish, and sometimes freezes when browsing the internet. Then today this! I haven't downloaded anything strange, or done anything differently to usual.

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

It sounds like it may be a problem with your sim card. Have you checked it's connected properly?

5. Michelle666

I switched it off, and left it for 30mins and now its working again!!!

Theres a t-mobile store near me, do you think I should go along anyway and have it checked?

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Just ask for a new SIM card. They can, and do go faulty.