• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP New Member. Looking for some info about HTC Aria

DRod0205

Lurker
Nov 5, 2014
Hey every one, hope every one is having a good one. Im new to this form. And need some advice. Im probably at a beginner level, maybe a little above When talking about ROMs and all that. Im a Line man Electrician. But when it comes to this stuff, I have no clue. About this hole non root/ root? Trying to under stand more

OK heres is whats up. Im currently on Tmobile service. Phone, HTC Amaze 4g. Almost a year old. With no insurace. While I was playing on it one day, while charging the phone. The battery level was around 60%. Then all a sudden my device just turns off. And Im not even able to turn it back on. Hell the charging indicator wont even light up. So I check my battery with my UEI true-rms, muti meter. Made sure my meter reading under d/c. battery was reading around 2.7. The battery says full charge is at 3.2. Went to a battery store. They let me try one of there battery's, praying it would work. No luck ( Battery Plus, I highly recommend them. Good people) So I gave up. Other than sending my phone to htc, to repair it. Figured Id ask on here. Whats the likely the problem, and is this a common problem

So I had a old HTC Aria. From when I was a AT&T customer. Called and got the Factory unlock code. Well ever since then. When turning the phone getting to the home screen. About 5 seconds after u unlock it. It read like a force close type deal/ or dont have user permission. Clicks ok, and it repeats the process. ETC. ETC. Lucky I had a down loaded a different launcher. In Android Market. Its the only way I'm able to use it now. The app is ADW. I was wondering should I root my phone. Or whats the best way to get the permissions. To update and access all the apps?

Since my screen was cracked bad. I got my g/f Iphone 3g. And made sure it was up to date. As much as I could get it, with out rooting. But its not able to send/receive MMS. Just looking for some answers To any of my questions. I would be very appreciative. Im not from money. Or got much. So trying to make this work. Intill I can Save some funds for a new phone

Sincerely Daniel

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones