• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help please

origr15

Oct 7, 2009
i just got my samsung galaxy and im completly lost , how di i move the widgets on the home screen (they seem to be locked) , how do i remove some of them ?
how do i update my firmwere , nps says i have the most current firmwere but i think it wrote h4 .. help please

Moving widgets - Keep your finger held down on the widget and then you can drag it

Removing widgets - keep your finger held down and on the bottom you'll see a trash can, drop it in there

Updating with NPS - Assuming its not a UK phone you can use NPS. The update NPS bit on the NPS app always says you have the latest NPS version. You need to manually download the latest NPS version fron here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/d...enter.samsung.com/content/&ModelName=GT-I7500

Your phone will be regionalised to Italy, France, Germany, Russia, or UK. If after installing the above NPS it says you have the latest version or it updates you to something less than I5, then that is the latest available for your region.

If you really want I5 and don't care about regional personalisations, then you should pick your language when installing NPS, and on the next screen pick germany as the region. It will then update you to I5 - german region. You still get all the european languages so it doesnt make much difference.

Screen roation - There is an option in the settings that turns on automatic rotation.

Other stuff -
You should install 'spare parts' from market for some extra options and battery stats.
You should install taskiller from market so that you can kill programs that are running to make more RAM available
You should turn off google autosync if you don't use google mail, as it will save alot of battery
The case that comes with the phone depresses the camera button, which stops the phone from sleeping. So whenever possible keep the phone out of the case to increase battery life.
Install and APN toggler from the market. This will turn of data and save ALOT of battery. Its usefull to have if you're stuck out somewhere away from a charger and your battery is at 30%. You can make it last 8 hours easily on 30%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones