• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please!!

bleedGreen

Android Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2010
Virginia
I downloaded the update2.2(#2) with google , changed the file name to what it should be...then it goes into my ASTRO app what do i do then....please help...I did it last time with the first forced update..BUT i cant rember how i did it w ASTRO....it was posted somewhere but cant find it. step by step would be appreciated(someone mentioned -flash it-) i dont know how to do all that. please help...i dont want to wait for the OTA:eek:

if my directions suck read this http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...update-motrola-droid-frg22d-update-2-2-a.html hehe

if you have the second 2.2 update what you want to do is change name to update.zip (only 1 .zip) then through any form of file management, astro, androzip or your PC's explorer, move the update.zip file to the root of your SD card(the lowest directory ex. F:) then once its onto the root of your SD card you are going to want to reboot into recovery mode.

To do this you will power your phone down all the way,

then hold down the X key on your hardware keyboard and the power button at the same time,

this should bring you to a Triangle warning screen,

press Volume up key and camera (i believe those are the two keys)

this is your recovery screen, from here choose apply update.zip

sorry if im not too clear Im going off 2hrs of sleep :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones