• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please !!

Hi Activ8,

This question has been covered a number of times here and there are some good threads with detailed answers to your very question. ;)

In a nutshell, you have a few choices on Android when you're looking for something like TomTom. The general concensus seems to be that CoPilot and Sygic Mobile Maps are the most popular (afaik). I've used both and prefer Sygic. In case it helps, I was a dedicated TomTom user on Symbian, but don't miss it with these alternatives on Android.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Jim

Upvote 0
The navigation software that comes pre-installed is decent enough, but for me it eats too much battery life for it to be used as a sat-nav and a phone. I just use my nokia 5800 with ovi maps as my sat nav.....

I get annoyed by Battery life as much as the next Desire owner but lets be fair here my TomTom 740 lasts 2 1/2 hours on a full charge. My desire lasts 3 hours on Gmaps Navigation and it has to download maps over 3G. So I think that's pretty good.

If you are going to use your phone as a satnav you can really only expect Satnav style battery performance. Bottom line if you want to use it as a satnav get a genuine CC200 car charger (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones