• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP - Problem restoring II5

chrism_s

Aug 29, 2009
PANIC OVER - Resolved see below...

I upgraded to II5 and GalaxHero last night, everything worked fine, but I wanted to go back to stock ROM, so used ODIN to flash to II4, with O2 CSC, and then I was going to go to II5.

When II4 restarted after odin had finished it hung on the android logo screen. After waiting for a while I went back to download mode and did II5, with the same results. Looking about maybe a recovery mode wipe was called for so I have tried that, I didn't delete recover.img earlier, but it presents me with a warning triangle by the phone, so recovery mode seems to be corrupt.

In short, HELP!!!, I obviously have managed to get the image on there but there is something up so it won't finish booting. I'll keep playing but any suggestions gratefully received.

Chris

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones