• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help purple spots on the screen note 4

Livshind12

Lurker
Jun 26, 2015
Hello,
Three months ago I bought the Galaxy note 4
The device works great, but yesterday morning I saw a few small spots on the screen and after a few hours the spots the stains began to spread on the screen.
Would appreciate help thanks!
0l5AFIb.jpg

Hello,
Three months ago I bought the Galaxy note 4
The device works great, but yesterday morning I saw a few small spots on the screen and after a few hours the spots the stains began to spread on the screen.
Would appreciate help thanks!
0l5AFIb.jpg
I'm experiencing a similar problem with my LG V20. It's definitely due to the cold weather. It's fine during everyday use, but if I spend a few hours in the garage, which is currently just under freezing, it gets the purple spots on the edges. The spots persist for a week or two, but eventually fade away.

This is not an isolated issue. I called the problem in and had the device replaced under warranty. Verizon overnighted me a new one, but by the time it got here it too was suffering from even more extreme purple spots. Most likely, due to spending even more time in the cold during shipping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones