• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help reinstalling apps with Appbrain after wipe

clipperqb

May 3, 2010
So I decided to wipe the phone couple days after 2.2 update. I was experiencing severe lag time while typing. Also zooming (double-tap) in browser wouldn't work. Anyway, I cant get appbrain to sync. I installed appbrain on phone and have signed in with same account but none of my apps show up just the pre-installed ones on the phone. When I look on web all my apps still show up in My Apps.
Thanks

More Info:
It appears that there is a new app list automatically added to my appbrain web account called "Apps on the HTC Incredible" this list includes only the stock apps and it is the one my phone is now syncing with. I had to "Add to List" my existing apps over to this new list.
Worked

Upvote 0
Had the same issue with appbrain. You need to copy all of your apps from your old list to your new list. Then you can reinstall them by syncing w/ appbrain. After that you'll probably want to delete your old list and go into your appbrain settings from your computer and make the new list the default if you still have multiple lists (for example, I have a "maybe" list where I put apps that I want to look at later but not install).

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0
What ctc said.

To be a bit more specific...

The apps you had originally are in a list called Apps On The Phone. The new list will be called Apps on the HTC Droid Incredible (you can change this later if you want).

Open up that original list and select all. Then hit Add To List and add them all to the new HTC Droid one.

Once you are all done, you can remove the original list.

Upvote 0
Thanks to all for the help with process preparation before hard reset.

However, wouldn't you think "they" (Market / HTC / Google .. SOMEONE?) could make saving ones Apps easier than all this :) While users may be skilled in using technology, we're all not "techies" or in my case resent all the time hunting down answers.

Upvote 0
I'm curious, because I've been wanting to do a factory reset for a few days now but I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row first... I made an 'Appbrain' account and have all my apps on there now. I did the Verizon contacts back-up. But now I'm starting to wonder, what about apps like 'Notes' and 'Keeper'... does 'Appbrain' store all the info that was in those? Or do I need to go into 'Keeper', write down all the passwords that are stored it, and reenter them once I reinstall 'Keeper' after I do the reset?

Man that sure would SUCK!!!! I have tons of passwords in there. Plus another ton of files in 'Notes'... is there a back-up assistant that takes care of ALL of that stuff without having to do it all manually? Like with my Blackberry when I backed it up onto my computer it backed EVERYTHING up that was on my phone. But I didn't get a back-up assistant disk with my Android phone, do they not have that feature for our Droids?

Upvote 0
I'm curious, because I've been wanting to do a factory reset for a few days now but I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row first... I made an 'Appbrain' account and have all my apps on there now. I did the Verizon contacts back-up. But now I'm starting to wonder, what about apps like 'Notes' and 'Keeper'... does 'Appbrain' store all the info that was in those? Or do I need to go into 'Keeper', write down all the passwords that are stored it, and reenter them once I reinstall 'Keeper' after I do the reset?

Man that sure would SUCK!!!! I have tons of passwords in there. Plus another ton of files in 'Notes'... is there a back-up assistant that takes care of ALL of that stuff without having to do it all manually? Like with my Blackberry when I backed it up onto my computer it backed EVERYTHING up that was on my phone. But I didn't get a back-up assistant disk with my Android phone, do they not have that feature for our Droids?

Can try appbackupreinstall
the only thing appbrain does is sync a LIST of your apps, doesn't save any of your actual app data

btw moved to Android apps section

Upvote 0

Dunno if you ever got this solved, but I wish to give you a suggestion. Check out lastpass.
LastPass - Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management
This site is awesome! :) Check it out. Use FIREFOX to join this site. Your email address will be your sign in ID and you need to provide a well thought out, very unique, password - one that YOU WILL NEVER FORGET! :rolleyes: Use FIREFOX to join this site.

Lastpass (notice it's one word) becomes a search engine and you'll get a shortcut icon on your desktop to go to their site to sign in (your email address & a well thought out, very unique, password - one that YOU WILL NEVER FORGET)! It will list all your web sites in what's called "the vault". Their web address is secure at https://www.lastpass.com.

What will happen is after you've entered their site minimize the screen and go to whatever web site you need to "sign in" at. USE FIREFOX cause it is the only search engine they are affiliated with. Go to the web site and sign in and then at the top right of the screen a green horizontal line will appear that says (on the left of the screen) "Should lastpass remember this password". On the right click "save this password."

Done! Do this for any sites you go to with a sign in name or ID and password & lastpass will remember them for you in "the vault." AWESOME! No more looking around for ID's or passwords. Follow what I said and you should have no trouble - - (1) a well thought out, very unique, password - one that YOU WILL NEVER FORGET! (2) USE FIREFOX cause it is the only search engine they are affiliated with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones