help! rooted hero running fresh 1.1, want 2.1!!

Last Updated:

1. thejigga9

thejigga9 Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my hero about a month ago, running Fresh 1.1, installed/rooted using the fresh kitchen. I would like to upgrade to 2.1, unsure whether i will keep stock or root 2.1 and run some other ROM. Can anyone help me out by letting me know whether i need to revert to stock before upgrading to 2.1, or is a 2.1 ROM as good as flashing the stock 2.1 then rooting? I am fairly new to this whole rooting thing, but I am not scared to change things up. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

You don't have to revert before upgrading to 2.1 if you're rooted, and you don't have to upgrade to stock 2.1 and then root before you flash any 2.1 roms available. If you've rooted your 1.5 stock hero rom, you're good to go with any cdma hero rom you decide to flash to your phone.
    you can pick your rom of choice here:
    Hero CDMA Android Development - xda-developers

I highly recommend:
    [Rom] Darchdroid v2.7 "KangSlayer" | Complete, OC'd, MMS, Camera, Everything!! - xda-developers
    [ROM] ZenEXP-0.9.6.2 New Expresso MT3G Slide Landscape Rosie. Overclocked. Updated. - xda-developers
    Download: Fresh Rom 2.1.2 Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

Be sure to read all the instructions BEFORE flashing the new rom of your choice.

thejigga9 likes this.
  3. thejigga9

thejigga9 Member This Topic's Starter