• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help saving new contacts to sim

Hi ,
I havent had my Desire HD for long, but am finding it a little annoying that when i want to save a new contact it doesnt save to sim as default.
In my old nokia, i only used sim for saving contacts and i want this with the desire.
Can anyone help pointing me in the right direction to set up default saving to sim please :thinking:
Thankyou!

Hi ,
I havent had my Desire HD for long, but am finding it a little annoying that when i want to save a new contact it doesnt save to sim as default.
In my old nokia, i only used sim for saving contacts and i want this with the desire.
Can anyone help pointing me in the right direction to set up default saving to sim please :thinking:
Thankyou!

Don't think you can. You can save individual contacts to SIM (see the 'People' app - menu) but then you only get a single name with single phone number. When I got my DHD I put in the SIM from my old Nokia E71 onto which I'd saved my contacts and just got a list of names with single numbers. No email, no postal address, etc etc. Though I only did it that way in the shop when I picked up my DHD.

I use Outlook on the PC as my 'master copy' and sync it to the phone as and when needed.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi ,
Thankyou!

Not 100% sure about how to do that... but the numbers do sync to gmail, which I think is better as, if you loose your phone, you still have all the numbers!

Upvote 0
Not 100% sure about how to do that... but the numbers do sync to gmail, which I think is better as, if you loose your phone, you still have all the numbers!

I agree! Not all change is good, but I have come to really appreciate the way my contacts, diary and tasks are always backed-up automatically and are available from any internet-connected computer. Once you've got used to the change, I don't think you'll want to go back.

Upvote 0
I agree with John.

I switched from Nokia (10 year fan) to Desire and you have to take it that you are no longer in Kansas Toto :)

Using your email as your "master" and synch to that when you add a contact via your phone is fantastic! I have all my addresses, birthdays, phone numbers, anniversaries etc stored and love how it all synchs to my calendar (with Clear Calendar app to give me a preview of upcoming days on my home screen). Also helps with satnav as friends' addresses are pre-stored.

IMHO much much better than SIM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones