• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help unrooting please

SGT. Snuffy

Lurker
Dec 19, 2010
Hello,
I was trying to unroot my phone because I needed to take it into sprint well to make along story short the sd is disabled and the usb as well. However though once i turn my phone on it gets to the hone screen and it freezes and then vibrates 3 times letting me know it is shutting down and then my notifier is continuously blinking. I can get to the recovery white screen here's what I have...

SUPERSONIC EVT2-2 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.79.0000
MICROP-041F
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16a
RADIO-1.39.00.04.26
Apr 14 2010 15:41:34

Now i'm not sure what to do from here if someone can point me in the right direction or give me some guidance here i would greatly appreciate it thank you. If you need anymore info please ask.:thinking::thinking:

Hello,
I was trying to unroot my phone because I needed to take it into sprint well to make along story short the sd is disabled and the usb as well. However though once i turn my phone on it gets to the hone screen and it freezes and then vibrates 3 times letting me know it is shutting down and then my notifier is continuously blinking. I can get to the recovery white screen here's what I have...

HBOOT-0.79.0000
MICROP-041F
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16a
RADIO-1.39.00.04.26

Now i'm not sure what to do from here if someone can point me in the right direction or give me some guidance here i would greatly appreciate it thank you. If you need anymore info please ask.:thinking::thinking:

1. you really should make your own thread for your issue.. More people with better skills will be able to see your problem.. so you can get better suggestions for fixing your issue.

2. if you can not boot.. and your usb is disabled...then you should be able to take it back to sprint and get a replacement. they can not see anything because: no boot, no usb.

Reactions: SGT. Snuffy
Upvote 0
Hello,

HBOOT-0.79.0000
MICROP-041F
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16a
RADIO-1.39.00.04.26

Bummer man! Well the only problem I could potentially see is the fact that you have the eng hboot (.79) and you have a custom recovery image... Which are both signs of root. Now the question is, are the guys at Sprint going to check when you go in there? I would imagine probably not but you never know. Now without being able to access your sd card, there is pretty much nothing you can really do to attempt to unroot the phone prior to going in. Now when you say the SD card is disabled, do you mean the phone is unable to read the card? And have you possibly tried a different SD card?

Upvote 0
1) That "recovery white screen" is hboot, not recovery. It's your boot loader. If you go to the recovery option from there, what do you see? (It will be a black screen with either Clockwork or Amon RA at the top if you still have a custom recovery)

2) You must have a typo there somewhere. There is no .79 hboot. You must have meant .97. I'm saying this because if you had the eng hboot (.76), it would show s-off no matter what. You currently have s-on. Despite not being able to boot up, it sounds like you're mostly unrooted. We just need to know where you are with recovery.

EDIT: I typo'd the word "typo"...

Upvote 0
When I open system recovery letters are in blue and at the very bottom it says

E:can't open/cache/recovery/command

then when I hit the apply sdcard:update.zip i get

E: can't mount/dev/block/mmcbl0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0 now once i hit the selection to start system goes to a black screen and then vibrates and then shuts off and then green notification led blinks.

I have also tried 3 other sdcards and i have tried my card in another evo and the card works fine.

Upvote 0
HBOOT-0.79.0000
MICROP-041F
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16a
RADIO-1.39.00.04.26

2) You must have a typo there somewhere. There is no .79 hboot. You must have meant .97. I'm saying this because if you had the eng hboot (.76), it would show s-off no matter what. You currently have s-on. Despite not being able to boot up, it sounds like you're mostly unrooted. We just need to know where you are with recovery.

There is no typo. His radio and hboot are from the initial 2.1 release.
hboot-0.79.0000.7z (md5=d38bff771f5015d420589f1d158d16af) – distributed with system 1.32.651.1 (initial release)
radio-1.39.00.04.26.7z (md5=9fea76170a5248ae2b96bde983f3ca3c) – distributed with system 1.32.651.1 (initial release)

Here is the thread:
How to start over: Fully rooted stock 1.47.651.1 in one shot (no adb!) - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones