• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with 4.4.2 on a watch required!

Hi,
I have an issue with an android watch....imacwear m7 running 4.4.2 that i have purchased 2nd hand from ebay.
The device is rooted and running the following apps
advanced task killer
back up restore - empty, no restore files.
blapkmarket - wrong password despite creating account and trying all login details i can find on the net.
camera
clock
alarms
calculator
calendar
email
file manager
music
soundrecorder
browser
downloads
settings
lockscreen
phone
messaging
people
todo
videos
voice search
youtube
runtastic
search
sim toolkit
strava
new apps
play store
places
qr & barcode scanner
lock screen
magazine
mobile uncle
music player
gmail
google setting
heart rate pro
king user
es file explorer
everything me
gallery
games

The previous owner has managed to kill the googleside of things.
There is no account listed in settins-personal - accounts
If i click add account and then google nothing happens, the screen briefly flickers but stays on the same screen.
if i try to open play store the white screen with grey header starts to load but then crashes and returns to previous screen with no visual error or fault or message of any kind displayed.
so i figure a factory reset is on the cards, i try that but the watch will not get past boot screen (white with imacwear logo).
Since then i've tried clearing the cache and data in every single app listed in settings-device-apps-ALL and editing system-etc-hosts but when i try to save #127.0.0.1 localhost with es text editor i get an unable to save error.

So.....
what the hell i do!

i'm still stuck with this.
i've installed eclipse & sdk on my ubuntu laptop
everything talks to each other and i have used adb to place gapps.zip on the sd
i then asked twrp to flash gapps.zip at recovery
the watch again stops at boot screen.
as i said above i'musing ubuntu and the only instructions i can find for installing mtk tools are for windows

Upvote 0
i've been through that page, the instructins are directed at windows users, i'm on ubuntu.

Can you beg, steal or borrow a Windows system? Make things much easier, because the required MTK Droid Tools suite to do anything with the firmware is Windows only. Preferably Win XP, Vista or 7, not sure if compatible with anything later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hes-dead-jim.jpg

Upvote 0
no, it switches download mode on amongst other things. my only problem (if i can get it talking again) is that i don't have a backup or factory rom since it was already screwed up.

FYI, there's no factory ROM on Imacwear's website either. Although the XDA thread seemed to indicate that some other brands of Chinese cheapo Android smart-watch, are exactly the same thing as the Imacwear, i.e. they use the same hardware and ROM. And in fact if you look at their "Factory show" pictures, it looks like they're just doing final assembly by hand, testing and packaging, and the actual electronics for this device come from somewhere else.
http://www.imacwear.com/en/about-us_l59.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones