Help with all these releases!

Last Updated:

1. KCrick

KCrick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 16, 2010
    So in the past day or so there has been a couple interesting releases. I'm wondering if someone will be gracious enough to post a unified guide to add all of these to my Ally,

Velocity .02 (or .03 when it comes =))
    GNM_TURBO JIT + OC = 8+ mflops
    and the new OTA update thats being pushed.

I know how to add velocity, but i'm confused as to how to add the others, and in what order so that I don't brick my phone, thanks in advance

2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I'm not sure about the LG update as I haven't gotten a notice yet. The Turbo JIT thread has a perfectly good how-to at the beginning. You can flash it on top of Velocity in much the same way that you installed Velocity. Reboot into recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache, install GNM Zip from SD, reboot.
  3. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    You do not really need the LG update. As blackmetalbuick said theres an easy how to flash the GNM_TURBO4 JIT kernel.

You can also come to the Ally irc channel if you have any questions as well and get quicker responses. See the link my sig if interested.
  4. turbine

turbine Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    the GNM_TURBO JIT + OC is a kernel, which is the part of the OS (android) that talks to the hardware (different phones need different kernels because of different hardware, for instance allys can't use droid kernels, or anything that doesn't have the same hardware). Kernels in theory are interchangeable, velocity comes with one by Gridlock.

OTA updates are like flashing a new rom over your old one, don't use it with anything but a stock rom, problems are sure to follow (since it would be updating something it isn't meant for).

So for now, skip the OTA, flash velocity, then the GNM_TURBO kernel if you want. A Later update of velocity will have the OTA update pre-installed. That way you won't have to mess with it, and from all accounts the v9 software from LG doesn't do much.