• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with all these releases!

KCrick

Sep 16, 2010
So in the past day or so there has been a couple interesting releases. I'm wondering if someone will be gracious enough to post a unified guide to add all of these to my Ally,

Velocity .02 (or .03 when it comes =))
GNM_TURBO JIT + OC = 8+ mflops
and the new OTA update thats being pushed.

I know how to add velocity, but i'm confused as to how to add the others, and in what order so that I don't brick my phone, thanks in advance

the GNM_TURBO JIT + OC is a kernel, which is the part of the OS (android) that talks to the hardware (different phones need different kernels because of different hardware, for instance allys can't use droid kernels, or anything that doesn't have the same hardware). Kernels in theory are interchangeable, velocity comes with one by Gridlock.

OTA updates are like flashing a new rom over your old one, don't use it with anything but a stock rom, problems are sure to follow (since it would be updating something it isn't meant for).

So for now, skip the OTA, flash velocity, then the GNM_TURBO kernel if you want. A Later update of velocity will have the OTA update pre-installed. That way you won't have to mess with it, and from all accounts the v9 software from LG doesn't do much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones