• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with Chinese read/write on D2G

Hey all, I am a grad student studying Chinese and have recently been using Google Pinyin IME to communicate via email with my professors, as well as texting some Chinese friends. My phone can read and write the Chinese in email, but using text when I send the message my friends do not receive it. When they send me a message in Chinese, I also do not receive the text. I mean physically don't receive it, it never gets sent to me. Is this an IME issue, a Verizon issue, or what? Thanks!

Hello sixstringedmatt.

I just googled, "chinese texts not received" and found many complaints about that issue across many carriers and devices, from Verizon to AT&T and from Blackberries to Androids.

I wish I had a remedy for you, but I don't, as I noticed in those Googled links that there is not much at all offered.

If I were having that issue, I'd start by calling my carrier's support line and trying to work my way up to a knowledgeable person on that particular issue.

Also, I'm wondering if your professor, or perhaps other students, have seen this problem in texting in Chinese and know of a work around or solution.

I want you to know that I'm bookmarking this thread so that I can do some deeper searching on this, and I'll post back what I find.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones