Help With DooMKernel on Xperia Play

1. BeefBravo

BeefBravo New Member

l Ok, so I have an Xperia Play R800AT (AT&T special) with a locked bootloader. I decided last week to root my device and was succesful in doing so by using a version of Gingerbreak. It granted my superuser access, but I now want to install DooMKernel on it. I have been trying for a week with no luck. I tried doing everything on all of the threads thst I have read, but have gotten nowhere.

I have CWM Auto Installer installed and used that to gain tecoveryaccess. I also have flashtool and drivers installed on my computer and my phone connects appropriatly to it. However, I have had no luck figuring out a way to install the DooMKernel Boot.IMG onto my device.

I relunctantly have put this process on hold and am considering givingup. I don't want to though. I want to figure this out if possible.

Has anyone out there had any luck installing DooMKernel or any custom kernels onto a carrier locked Play? Any advice or instructions would be greatlyappreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

I'm gonna answer you here, because its most appropriate in this sub forum.

UNLESS YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED, YOU CANNOT INSTALL A CUSTOM KERNEL.

For Xperia line phones, the /boot partition is locked, and is not mounted, unlike the majority of other android devices, so CWM cannot be used to flash a new custom kernel.

If you do want to flash a custom kernel, and you are on a carrier locked phone, it does cost money ($24.)

If you still want to unlock your bootloader, I used http://www.unlock-bootloader.com

Pax
    Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
    BeefBravo likes this.
  3. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Problem solved?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk