• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with download mode

Use the kies option if you want to update, use mass storage if you want to transfer pics, music...etc. I've never used the media player option and mine does not show the PC internet option. I always use the ask on connection option, because if you don't the phone will auto connect when you plug in the USB cable. Most of the time I just want to charge via USB, so that works for me.

Reactions: senioreggroll
Upvote 0
The OP is asking how to get it into download mode to flash different ROMs I think.

You need to keep the USB cable unplugged, hold down the keys and get it into download mode first, then connect the USB cable.

If you are trying to flash the Cognition ROMS or go back to factory settings (download mode), when I tried to hold down the buttons, I could not get download mode to appear even doing what I suggest above. I found that the easiest way to do it is first download the Android SDK to get ADB shell to tell it to reboot, switch your USB > Applications > Development setting to debugging mode, then get connected via USB when the phone is on in debugging mode and run the command adb reboot download.

Have Odin or whatever running before you do the command above.

Make sure you backup all your apps first using Titanium Backup or some other backup app. Flashing will wipe out all your apps that are installed.

Dan

Upvote 0
I am trying to update my android to 2.2, the usb cable is unplugged from my phone while i hold down the keys, then i plug it in when i hold down the keys but it shows up as battery charging, I tried the adb thing but it says "error: device not found" thank you for your help ....
Seems every one is missing the fact the phone needs to be in debug mode to get into download mode. So with that said go to settings>applications>development check usb debug mode.

As for the other setting settings>applications>usb settings I leave that on mass storage and leave debug mode on all the time.

And do remember to mount your phone when you connect it to the comp to copy stuff over to it.

But then dantheman2 already stated what I just posted so its just here for reinforcement

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones