• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HackADevice

Jul 21, 2012
I am currently "messing around" with my friends old op s. It is not connected to data so error 67 keeps popping up and it's really annoying. I was wondering if there is any system level thing that i could delete in root explorer or titanium backup to get rid of this error message. (I dont care if it messes up data it wont ever be used on data anyway)

First, i know this is not about OEs, but i posted this on the OP s forums with no reply:/ (plus i know hashtag's genius self prolly knows)

I am currently "messing around" with my friends old op s. It is not connected to data so error 67 keeps popping up and it's really annoying. I was wondering if there is any system level thing that i could delete in root explorer or titanium backup to get rid of this error message. (I dont care if it messes up data it wont ever be used on data anyway)

Have you tried disabling Data Access under the Wireless & Networks settings at the botton under Mobile Networks? Turn data off and that should solve it lol. Either that or factory restore the phone.

Upvote 0
I have found the following information on that error:

Error 67 indicates that the username, and password that were stored in your phone the last time your profile was updated do not match the records

It also seems to occur when a user account is cancelled or suspended. If the phone is not activated, then it makes sense that you'd see this. Turn off mobile data to see if this goes away.

Upvote 0
it is easy to fix, there is a number ##something## to factory data reset which fixes error 67, i had to do it the first time i got the phone and tried wifi tethering, do a little research im sure you can find the number, i forgot what it is, or call Virgin Mobile and ask them, you will also need your msl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones