• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with Google Play Music

If you mean that you have duplicates on the phone, then either use a file manager from the Play Store (I use a free one called File Manager) to manually delete one set of songs or connect to a PC and use File Manager. In each case, the find function is going to help.

I went through each album and deleted the duplicates. Took me about 30 minutes. More annoying then anything else. Google should give you an option to delete the whole library at once.

Appreciate the help!!

Upvote 0
I wonder how Play Music handles songs it finds on the phone that were not pinned itself. If you select songs "on device" rather than in the library, do you still see duplicates? You might still have duplicates if they were both cached and found in another directory, so you'd have to delete the song cache to see if that removes the duplicates in that case

Upvote 0
Cache shouldn't duplicate, as it is just meant to be a buffer for the song(s).

Although on the other hand, I wonder if it caches duplicate songs...

My computer stores my songs which are then also uploaded to the Google "cloud" so I can stream them to my Android devices. I don't store any media locally on my tablet nor phone, except for temporarily before I upload it to Google Drive, etc. My apps take up too much room (roughly 3/4 of the available room on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 5).

I just use the stock music player for my Google stored songs. Seems to work well enough for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones