• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with my tablet

inkedup8510

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
I got this android tablet in a trade for an older laptop,the issue is its a Chinese tablet that is more trouble than its worth. From what i found its a Gd ippo p706, it is a dual core 1.6 running android 4.2, 10 inch screen with 1 gig internal memory and an 8 gig internal sd card?

so the issue is it runs slower at times and the play store basically tells me to F- off every time i try to use it. So the questions i need help with is, can i install the kit kat firmware from designed for another crappy tablet to run on this? If not how can i fix the google play issue? it gives me errors saying it cant connect or errors saying cannot receive info... deleting my google account every time i want to download something is getting old quick! any help would be greatly appreciated!

can i install the kit kat firmware from designed for another crappy tablet
Probably not without bricking it.

If not how can i fix the google play issue?
Chinese Androids can't access Play as far as I know. You'd have to make a few modifications to it or run an app like Market Helper.

Or you can look for an apk download for any app you want, download it, find it with a file manager (like MyFiles) and press it to install it.

Or use the Amazon store. They have about the same apps as Play now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones