• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with picture attachments and icon notification!

I have been experiencing 2 issues other than some of the ones previously mentioned about wi-fi and such.

1. When I try to send a picture (MMS), it says "compressing file - file too large" and then it says "file not supported". I'm having trouble sending picture messages.

2. Even after reading an email or text, the number (1, 2, etc.) still stays on the email or message icon (not the top of the phone).

Could you guys please help me fix either one or both of these problems?

Thank you!

I too had trouble attaching pictures to a text using the stock messaging app. If I tried to attach a picture taken with the GS3, I'd first get "Picture too large. Compressing..." and then "Unable to attach. File not supported." Thanks to thirdeye00 in a post on another thread "MMS Texts Showing Up as Slideshows"
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/579395-mms-texts-showing-up-slideshows.html#post4644102
I now know what the problem is, but I don't know how to really fix it.

Pictures taken in landscape (wide mode) will not attach, but those taken in portrait mode (tall ) will. So I took a picture in portrait mode and attached it to a text. From that moment on even my landscape pictures compress and attach. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's a miracle. This type of fix always leaves me feeling uneasy.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones