• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Tasker profile conflict

I'm having two separate issues with Tasker on my new phone:

1. Tasker is not starting on boot up. I have a rooted Verizon GS5. Stock rom, customization only. No startup manager that I can find that would prevent Tasker from starting. Once I go into Tasker, it starts and runs fine. (It is set to run in the foreground...)
  2. I have profiles set up to disable the fingerprint lock screen via Secure Settings when connected to my home or work WiFi as well as my car's BT connection. However, I'm never connected to both at the same time, so the lock screen never turns off. The profiles work independently of each other just fine (except one issue - see the bottom of the post)

Current profiles are:

WiFi Con
State: WiFi Connected to SSID1/SSID2
Task: Screen Lock Off

BT Con:
State: BT Connected to Car
Task: Screen Lock Off

WiFi DCon
State: Not WiFi Connected To SSID1/SSID2
Task: Screen Lock On

BT DCon:
State Not BT Connected to Car
Task: Screen Lock On

There's more profiles for other stuff, but this is what I'm having issues with currently. If I was working with Excel/Visual Basic, I'd probably run this as an IF - ELSEIF - ELSE statement, but I'm not sure how to do this in Tasker.

My last issue is possibly a Secure Settings question. While it works to disable the fingerprint lock when connected, it still leaves a swipe screen in place. I'd prefer that there be nothing and that whatever is 'on top' comes straight up when the phone is powered on.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Eric

Answering the 2nd question is easy. You can use Keyguard (in Tasker, not Secure Settings). Note, though, that it doesn't prove to be reliable for every phone. It may or may not work for you.

For your first problem, try using exit tasks on your 1st set of profiles (the ones when you are connected). Your solution should work but perhaps there's a timing issue between the opposing profiles.

To add an exit task, long tap on the entry task (from the profiles tab) and the rest becomes obvious.

Let us know if that helps.

+1 for working with VB on Excel. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones