• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help With Titanium Backups 4.2.2 upgrade

Hello.
A month or so ago I was impatient with Verizon's nonexistant release and decided to flash cyanogenmod 10.1. However, I was unable to access the Google apps (I was unaware of being able to flash the gapps package at this point) and decided to revert it cyanogenmod 10 again. Fast forward a month and I decide to try again. I created a titanium backup while on 4.1.1 and I flashed the ROM and the Google apps again, and everything worked out. However, when I tried to access my titanium backups, they were all gone. I remembered that the sdcard/0/ directory had been added in android 4.2 because of the multi user support and tried to look in there, but they were not there. I have been thinking about this, and realized that I did not change the backup directory in titanium backups since I made that update a month ago. Therefore, when I upgraded, android automatically added the sdcard/0/, and when I downgraded, the new /0/ folder that was created stayed. Keep in mind that the backup point for Titanium remained as /sdcard/data/titaniumbackups when it should have been /sdcard/0/data/titaniumbackups. however, it still made the backup in this nonexistent folder, and I have been searching through the folders trying to find it, but to no avail. Where could the backups have gone?

Sorry if it has been a little confusing. Just ask if you need help understanding what I just said and I will try to elaborate a little more.

That's close to a question I have about TB. I rooted the Nexus 4 before I even used it.
Tried to restore from a Nexus S, where I had backed up with both TB zip, and had just copied over all files from the card along with the backup zip.

TB missed a couple of data bases that were on the card, I would have pasted the files into the backup, but I couldn't find it, either. The folders for the apps on the phone were empty. The file folders from the S had the data, but not on the 4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones