• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with USB tether...

Frostypawz

Jun 29, 2012
I have an s3 and the paid for version of Foxfi. I've been successful tethering my no name tablet to my phone using WiFi and Bluetooth.However I cannot figure out how to tether using a USB connection between the two.The tablet has pdanet tablet installed.Unfortunately that program only allows WiFi and Bluetooth connections.Can anyone recommend a program I can use on the tablets end to complete a USB internet connection with my phone? Thanks all!

I have an s3 and the paid for version of Foxfi. I've been successful tethering my no name tablet to my phone using WiFi and Bluetooth.However I cannot figure out how to tether using a USB connection between the two.The tablet has pdanet tablet installed.Unfortunately that program only allows WiFi and Bluetooth connections.Can anyone recommend a program I can use on the tablets end to complete a USB internet connection with my phone? Thanks all!

i do not think you can do it from phone to tablet.....phone to pc, no problem. but android to android will not work.

all of the usb tethering apps out there are for android to pc:
usb tethering search Play Store

not sure if it is possible as you need usb drivers installed on your pc, not sure how you can do it from android to android.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones