• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BoonDocks

Aug 12, 2010
Mobile, AL.
I'll try to make this short and sweet. Hopefully some kind soul will help me with this endeavor.

Started with stock phone with 2.1.
Installed the Easy Root 1 click method and rooted phone.
Installed the 2.2 update.

Phone was working great at first but now the problems and bugs are getting out of hand. I understand some are running fine and some are also having problems. Mine is having issues that are unbearable.

Reset phone back to factory defaults using the reset feature.
Formatted memory card.
The phone is still rooted somehow.
Did another factory reset.
Phone is still rooted.

How can I get rid of root and get stock 2.2 or would it be better to go back to stock 2.1?
If I need to reflash back to 2.1 can someone please point me to a tutorial?

Thanks guys.

I'll try to make this short and sweet. Hopefully some kind soul will help me with this endeavor.

Started with stock phone with 2.1.
Installed the Easy Root 1 click method and rooted phone.
Installed the 2.2 update.

Phone was working great at first but now the problems and bugs are getting out of hand. I understand some are running fine and some are also having problems. Mine is having issues that are unbearable.

Reset phone back to factory defaults using the reset feature.
Formatted memory card.
The phone is still rooted somehow.
Did another factory reset.
Phone is still rooted.

How can I get rid of root and get stock 2.2 or would it be better to go back to stock 2.1?
If I need to reflash back to 2.1 can someone please point me to a tutorial?

Thanks guys.

You might get a faster response if you post his in the root forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones