• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero 2 coming to Sprint

Hello Everyone,

My wife is due for an upgrade and she currently has the HTC Hero and I've seen the new updated phone on the HTC website...my question...is it coming to Sprint?

Uh, could you provide a link to this smartphone? I would love to see it.

I have heard nothing about this. Of course, the CTIA show is coming soon, and Sprint is bound to have some new handsets up its sleeve.

Upvote 0
Here you go! HTC - Products - HTC Hero - A Closer Look

But this has not been confirmed to be coming to Sprint...I was wondering if anyone had heard of Sprint having plans to offer this phone as the next Gen Hero.

This was the FIRST Hero, released in Europe before the Sprint Hero. It was out about 6-12 months before the Hero was released in the US, IIRC. It runs only on GSM carriers, but otherwise, and except for the slightly different case, it is very similar to our Hero.

Reactions: Evo Knievel
Upvote 0
This was the FIRST Hero, released in Europe before the Sprint Hero. It was out about 6-12 months before the Hero was released in the US, IIRC. It runs only on GSM carriers, but otherwise, is very similar to our Hero.

Gotcha! I went looking around for a new version of the phone on HTC's site and didn't see the current Hero so I figured this was going to be the next model...Thanks!

Oh well...guess wifey is out of luck then...LOL!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones