• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero not remembering Bluetooth Profile Settings?

peestandingup

Oct 30, 2009
I have my phone paired to 2 different audio devices. Both devices are able to stream both music (A2DP) & be used hands-free for making calls.

Anyways, in the Hero's Bluetooth settings, Im noticing that there is an option to toggle settings on each device you are paired to. While your BT is on, look in your paired devices list & click & hold on one of the devices. A menu will come up & give you the option to disable specific BT profiles for that device. For instance, if you only want to use a paired device for music streaming & not for calls, you can disable the phone part. So now all calls will come through your phone, even while you're connected to the device streaming music.

Well, thats great & all, but the Hero NEVER remembers the setting. So everytime I pair again, I have to manually go in & set this each time. I have to do this with every device I have, so its not just the fault of a certain device. Its something going on with the phone.

Is this a bug with the Hero or is it just how Android itself is?? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones