• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi everyone! N00bie!

TwiztedTD

Jun 25, 2010
I just got my Acer liquid E last night. Im loving the flexability of the phone. I used to have an iPhone, its nice to be able to actually do something with a phone.

I know with the iPhone, I would jailbreak the phone and use cydia or rock my i, and winterboard to be able to get apps, themes, etc for the phone.

Is there something like that for the android?

I wanted to know how do you get icons at the bottom of the screen? Ive seen some screen shots with icons on both sides of the menu button on the phone.

Thank you for your help.

You can do a lot of customizing with the stock OS just by getting apps and widgets from the market- no rooting (jailbreaking) necessary. There are many home screen replacement apps in the market- some free, some paid, some that let you add theme packs & customize.

I'm currently using Launcher Pro Beta, which lets you add a fifth row of icons and it has a scrollable dock bar for up to fifteen apps at the bottom.

Oh yeah... welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones