• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hi, im new to andriod, got a few questions :)

dizzy1988

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
hey guys. Ive just got the samsung galaxy s2. Im clueless with phones so i have a few questions. On the first screen/page how do i change the clock style ? also how do i put the weather on as a widget, without me having to go into the weather app, and last but not least how do i put songs from my itunes on my laptop onto my phone ?

Any answers would be helpful thanks :)

Hi, welcome to the forums!

What carrier are you with? I can move this thread to the Galaxy S2 forum for your particular version of the phone so that others with your phone can give you more detailed answers.

But from my experience with multiple builds of phones and widgets:

You can probably change the clock style by tapping it so the full app opens and then using the menu button to find the settings.

To add a widget, hold your finger on the screen in an empty spot. You'll get a pop up asking what you want to add. Select widget and find your weather widget.

To sync from iTunes to your phone, you can use a number of methods. iSyncr is popular and Google Music will also sync from iTunes to the Google Music cloud, so you can stream your music from anywhere, if you wish.

Upvote 0
Mounting your SD card to your PC is one way. Which means you enable 'disk mode'. I don't know what it's called on Samsung devices, but it basically makes it so your computer can use your SD card and you can just copy/paste the songs you want on your SD card. Then your music app will scan for music and find it once you turn off disk mode.

There is iSyncr - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.iSyncrLite

Either that or get Google Play Music, which will upload your iTunes songs into the Google cloud and you can stream it wirelessly. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.music

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones