• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hi

mithua

Lurker
Oct 7, 2015
I dropped my newly bought htc desire 626g plus mobile into a bucket full of water and took it after a second..But i was not able to switch off the phone.Instead it itself started to on and off continuously which extended till the battery is drained..I tried blower and rice method..About half day the mobile was kept inside the bag of rice..But still i'm not able to operate the phone..What shall i do now?? please help me

If it was dunked, you should have pulled the battery out immediately, and because it's been on until the battery drained, chances are now something has shorted out and fried.

For drying out, it needs much more than half a day in rice, try for a week in rice. But could be too late now, and you'll be buying a new phone..that's it. Was it insured?

Reactions: Pugs1957
Upvote 0
If it was dunked, you should have pulled the battery out immediately, and because it's been on until the battery drained, chances are now something has shorted out and fried.

For drying out, it needs much more than half a day in rice, try for a week in rice. But could be too late now, and you'll be buying a new phone..that's it. Was it insured?
battery cannot be removed in this mobile and not insured

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones