• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hipstamatic equivalent, or best configurable photo app?

It's too bad there hasn't been any suggestions on this thread... I've seen plenty of pics out of the Hipstamatic app from my sis' iPhone, and I really like the effect. I've tried like 2 different camera effects type apps, but neither of them have had a Hipstamatic-type option in them, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
I was looking at vignette...is the only difference between the free and paid version the mp size? or am I missing something? I mean that alone is probably enough for me to upgrade, but I didn't know if I was missing other features.

I believe so. Funny, I was just talking to a friend with a Nexus One about this app, and commenting that I need to stop being cheap and buy the full version so I can take pictures up to 8MP.

Upvote 0
haha yeah, I hear ya. A friend of mine had been posting his hipstamatic pictures on facebook and I was totally jealous till I saw this app. I've been playing around with it for a bit and I love it. I just need to cough up the money to get the regular version too. I have a holga that I play around with sometimes but this just is a way better alternative to carrying that big bulky piece of plastic around all the time. I can see this quickly becoming a really fun thing to use in its place.

Upvote 0
So I've been playing around with Vignette for a few days...I had taken a few really nice pictures of crawling kiddos and they were crisp and sharp.

I got an update this morning, installed, and now all my pictures seem blurry or at the very least, soft. I can't even take a picture of like a book or a cup without it being blurry. I have no idea if the update affected this or I did something inadvertently to the settings (I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything since yesterday).

I'm also worried if I uninstall/reinstall the program I'll lose the pictures I've saved...don't want to test it out and risk it.

So has this happened to anybody else? :)

Upvote 0
Uninstalling shouldn't hurt your pics. Use a program like Astro to check where they're saved to and if you wanna be careful you can copy them to another directory.

I don't use my camera a whole lot honestly but I've had FxCamera installed for a while and it's pretty cool. The toy camera filter seems to be very close to what that hipstamatic does, and there is more than one filter on the free version.

Upvote 0
oh cool! I think I might have noticed a difference in the mp before and after the update. has it always been 0.3 mp? or is that new? the reviews said 0.5 and I thought that's what mine was until the update. Maybe that's the difference in quality, or maybe not...I don't know if 0.2 mp would make a noticible difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones