• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hockey fans unite!!! {the All Things Hockey Thread}

yes i also agree with the re-alignment, but not with keep this few of games played. for me this season is an asterisk season. it should not count really, unless of course the Kings win the cup again:p:D.....LOL

i like the fact that the kings also do not have to travel cross country as much as well. it should be fun next year with a FULL season under way with a proper training camp and such.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking the NHL would be way better if the regular season was only 48 games every year, plus having the season compressed so games are played every other night. It's like a full season of playoff hockey.

Oh, go Bruins, even though they are struggling of late.:rolleyes:

So try to sell that to half the league that will not see Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Datsyuk, in their building unless both teams make it to the Stanley Cup finals.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So try to sell that to half the league that will not see Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Datsyuk, in their building unless both teams make it to the Stanley Cup finals.

Yeah, that part sucks. I guess what I really like is the frequency of games and the intensity teams are playing with in the shortened season.

Upvote 0
i wish i had that kind of power:D

hopefully the ducks can keep going back down to earth as well and the kings can continue to rise in the standings.......no more 8th seed this year!!!!

Suck it Kings! =P

let__s_go_blues___by_hockeybrawl-d4zc4st.jpg

Blues are going to get destroyed tonight.....

I think we can both agree we hate the Penguins, though

Upvote 0
Suck it Kings! =P

Blues are going to get destroyed tonight.....

I think we can both agree we hate the Penguins, though

you are right the "Blues are going to get destroyed tonight" by my Kings!!!!!!!:D

and i actually like the Penguins to some degree in that i think that sidney crosby is great for the sport. we need a figure like a Kobe Bryant or Micheal Jordan. i think he is the face of the nhl right now.

Upvote 0
you are right the "Blues are going to get destroyed tonight" by my Kings!!!!!!!:D

and i actually like the Penguins to some degree in that i think that sidney crosby is great for the sport. we need a figure like a Kobe Bryant or Micheal Jordan. i think he is the face of the nhl right now.
The game is tied so far...when does the season ends.

Upvote 0
With the ownership situation in Phoenix, there is a possibility that they may end up relocating. There may be an announcement about that before the playoffs. If Phoenix relocates, it would throw a wrinkle in the realignment.

it sure would depending on where they go. i hope they change hands but stay in phoenix. but either way it would great for their payers to not have any more distractions so that they can focus on hockey. they have a young team and they will only get better.

now i just read that calgary just traded iginla to the penguins!!!!!!
Jarome Iginla of Calgary Flames traded to Pittsburgh Penguins - ESPN

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!
now they have malkin, crosby and now iginla? holy poop!!!!!!

well i guess the kings know who they will meet for the cup this year:D

Upvote 0
With the ownership situation in Phoenix, there is a possibility that they may end up relocating. There may be an announcement about that before the playoffs. If Phoenix relocates, it would throw a wrinkle in the realignment.
I don't think that NHL would propose a new division plan without being sure that Coyotes stay where they are. And what is more, I think that two more teams can be expected in the NHL in the nearest future (to make the number of teams in both conferences equal).

Upvote 0
I don't think that NHL would propose a new division plan without being sure that Coyotes stay where they are. And what is more, I think that two more teams can be expected in the NHL in the nearest future (to make the number of teams in both conferences equal).

A while ago, there was talk about an NHL franchise in Kansas. I believe they have a fairly new building that can accomodate an NHL team. One in Seattle would be nice as well. Not sure about their arena situation.

As for Quebec City, not sure about their arena situation. When the realignment was first proprosed, there was speculation that one of the Florida teams is a prime candidate to move to Quebec. I think people speculated that because the Florida teams are in the same division as the teams way in the northeast.

I think everyone wants all divisions to have the same number of teams. Sometimes the math doesn't work out that way. Funny thing to me is that MLB has numbers that work out, but not all divisions and leagues have the same number of teams.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Bruins got Wade Redden as well: Bruins acquire D Redden from Blues for pick

He's back playing with his old teammate from Ottawa, Chara. Redden's stock has really fallen since Ottawa chose to keep Redden over Chara. I thought they should have kept Chara at the time.

Enjoy him. As a Blues fan, he's been solid all year. Not flashy or spectacular, but a good fit for that team. Will play on the 3rd pairing and solidify their D. With the addition of J-Bo and Leonard, Redden was expendable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones