• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Homescreen - icons, folders. Need help

behedwin

Jun 27, 2010
I need a bit of help to understand what is needed to create and change icons on shortcuts and folders.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S, 2.2 installed.
Not rooted.
I have LauncherPro Plus (LPP) installed and Folder Organizer (FO) and Better Cut (BC)

I want to change the icon of the standard folder. I do not like the folder that FO creates.
And BC do not support any folder changes.

I rly like BC since it got a ton of icons to easy download from the market. Tho i cant use em for much except shortcuts.

I see so much nice homescreens but i fail to understand how to make mine a tiny bit better than it is now.
Sadly i aint rooted so i can not make a screenshot and show you :(

Heres the bad news, you literally can't change the stock folder icon.
But heres what I did.
Step 1:
Download:
- App Organizer
- Desktop Visualizer

Step 2:
-Open the App Organizer and put your apps in the folders as you so wish.
Step 3:
-Now open up Desktop Visualizer>set the icon to whatever you please.
-Then select action>Other>App organizer> and choose from the list that you put your apps in
in short, its not "technically" a folder, but it is a way to group apps and hide them under one icon...which some people would define as a folder :)

Reactions: blksith0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones