Honeycomb 3.2 update rolling out.

Last Updated:

1. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

Mitchrapp, Cheeba, mehras1991 and 4 others like this.
  2. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

this is awesome...can't wait for the SD card functionality.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Awesome, I was thinking about rooting to enable the SD card slot last night. Good thing I waited. Anyone get the update yet?
  4. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member

Just got mine 2 seconds ago
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Surprised google hasn't released a full change log or at least an announcement
  6. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

7. Jbart15

Wifi XOOM
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. mehras1991

mehras1991 Active Member

thnx for posting this,
    I think this thread will help many people to do the update

& good luck to all the 3.2 xoom users ;), now xoom rocks more than ever
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

It looks like us 3G Xoom owners are going to have to wait for Verizon to get around to pushing us the update.
  10. Hola91

Hola91 Well-Known Member

Just got my update. Browser feels alot faster. Haven't tried the SD card yet though.

Wifi Zoom.
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. Jbart15

You're right the browser does feel alot quicker, pages are loading quicker and it feels more fluid when scrolling.

I'm still on the fence about zoom to fit screen as it distorts the quality but of course that's a given if you're using an app made for a smartphone, but I do like how its an option and not a standard.

I haven't tried the SD card slot as I don't have one but I'm going to pick one up after work. Does this mean rooting will be easier with SD enabled?
    marctronixx likes this.
  12. redpanda

Bah, I have two wifi Xooms and neither of them have gotten the update yet.
  13. formula4speed

formula4speed Active Member

Just got my update this morning, didn't have much time to play with it but I didn't notice any real differences yet. Which is fine since my Xoom was running smoothly already.
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

No update here either.. SMH
  15. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

Nothin' here yet either on my WiFi xoom.

I am, however obsessively hitting the "Check now" button in About=>System Updates that was added with 3.1.
  16. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.
  17. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

anyone know how to get it on the machine?
  18. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.
  19. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

Anyone with the update check to make sure bluetooth tethering is still working???

I can't imagine why Moto would disable that and since VZW has nothing to say about wifi only, it should still work.

But, you never know what kind of deals these companies make with each other!
  20. ksalzwedel

ksalzwedel New Member

Android newbie here. I have been checking all day on my xoom wifi. Nothing. Is keyboard lag still with us?
  21. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

You lost me here. People who have wifi only devices will tether to a 3G device to get internet where there ins't any wifi available. What do you tether to a wifi only device. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Just figured it out. You want to make sure the option is available to Bluetooth tether to another device. I found the bluetooth tether option in xoom menu you were talking about. I'm not on 3.2 though.
  22. redpanda

Just curious, has anyone gotten the update since the initial rollout? Like, you checked on Tuesday and didn't get it, but got it some time after that?

I'm never sure with Android updates if it's a gradual rollout or they just release it to a certain percentage of devices as a trial and then push it out to everyone else at once a few days later. I suspect that my relentless checking for updates is futile if I wasn't in the first batch.
  23. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

updates are issues by ID. its a back office/Google thing. you can hit check all day and it wont matter if your ID is not on the batch list.

and you are pretty much on the right path.. Google roll out the update in stages.. if there are no ill issues, then they move it out further. same as with any update.

be patient. :)
    scary alien likes this.
  24. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

OK, just got my update and the bluetooth tethering still works!

Another little change I noticed is when you activate the screen, it shows the name of the wireless network next to the wifi icon. That's a nice touch. Once you swipe to unlock, it goes away, but when you tap the corner, it shows it again in the notification/status box.

Haven't noticed anything else, but I've only had the thing for a week, so probably won't notice any of the subtle changes.
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. redpanda

Just pulled it down too. Browser does seem a bit smoother
    marctronixx likes this.