• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor 5X AMA (ask me anything)

Just got this update notice today,

KIW-L24C567B351, 237 MB
"contains latest January Google security patches and a few important fixes"
Has anyone tried it?
Any problems or noticeable improvements?

PS - I'm weary of updates. After the Lollipop to Marshmallow update, switching apps usually takes much longer because they seem to need to be reloaded back into RAM. With no obvious improvements otherwise, I wish I had not made that update.
------------------
Just updated from KIW-L24C567B331CUSTC567D003 ('Marshmallow', August 2016) to KIW-L24C567B351, and based on an hour of testing, I'm Very happy! My main gripe about the previous update (switching between open apps was often much slower). But this update seems to have fixed that !! App switching is back to 'Lollipop build' speeds -- mostly instantaneous.

Was my previous build a bad one? Did anyone else have this problem?

After 9 days of using this update: Everything still going well. App switching is slower if you haven't used the app in a while (hour+ ?). And the nicest surprise, speakerphone (& probably video chat) with Google Hangouts works -- the person you're talking to no longer hears their own echo !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones