• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I avoid factory reset or back up my phone data when theres a permanant lock

samm

Lurker
Aug 1, 2013
So my little brother kept trying my password and locked me out of my phone completely. My wifi was turned off since I wasn't using it for a while. Now Im trying my gmail account and password and it wont log me in since wifi isnt there and Im completely sure the account is right because I've tried it on my computer. I dont want to do a factory reset as there are messages and contacts on my phone and losing that isn't an option. I heard I could back up the things on my phone but how do I do that?

I seriously need help ASAP. Please and thanks :)

Welcome to the forums Samm :ciao:

If you want to spend the money, you can try Screen Lock Bypass.

If it doesn't work, your contacts should be backed up if you have synced with google.

You can try the script in this thread, http://androidforums.com/faqs/697582-backup-routine-us-all.html, if you have pics and files you need to back up. If you don't have usb debugging enabled on your phone I'm not sure it will work and I don't think it backs up messages.

Upvote 0
So my little brother kept trying my password and locked me out of my phone completely. My wifi was turned off since I wasn't using it for a while. Now Im trying my gmail account and password and it wont log me in since wifi isnt there and Im completely sure the account is right because I've tried it on my computer. I dont want to do a factory reset as there are messages and contacts on my phone and losing that isn't an option. I heard I could back up the things on my phone but how do I do that?

I seriously need help ASAP. Please and thanks :)

welcome to AF!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about your phone. i moved you to the android lounge for better views.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones