• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I get rid of these annoying text?

I'm using the Yahoo email app, right on the front page (white envelope opened with the red @ symbol.

That is not the actual Yahoo email app....that is the synced email that goes thru Verizon Wireless. Thies is the feaure that is driving people nuts with all of those additional text messages. Verizon Wireless tier 1 & 2 support people are pretty clueless....very sad.

Two ways around it.

1) Go to the MY ACCOUNTS icon (originally this is on one of the home pages, but is also in the app drawer.

Then select ADD ACCOUNT.

Do not select Yahoo at this point...instead, select EMAIL ACCOUNTS, then select OTHER.

Then you would enter your email address and password. Follow the directions there and this should get you working with your Yahoo email.

2) You do have an option of using the actual app for Yahoo Mail. Open up GOOGLE PLAY STORE and search for Yahoo.

Upvote 0
I know this might be a repeated thread. I've checked out the others, but they didn't solve my problem. I get these text from 6250 or something like that. They don't have a message at all. It just says, VZWNMN:1. They come almost 3-4 times an hour. It's very annoying. How can I get it to stop?

I downloaded Airpush Detector but it didn't see anything.

I saw this not to long ago on Twitter from Verizon. I have not yet tried it.
It

Upvote 0
That is not the actual Yahoo email app....that is the synced email that goes thru Verizon Wireless. Thies is the feaure that is driving people nuts with all of those additional text messages. Verizon Wireless tier 1 & 2 support people are pretty clueless....very sad.

Two ways around it.

1) Go to the MY ACCOUNTS icon (originally this is on one of the home pages, but is also in the app drawer.

Then select ADD ACCOUNT.

Do not select Yahoo at this point...instead, select EMAIL ACCOUNTS, then select OTHER.

Then you would enter your email address and password. Follow the directions there and this should get you working with your Yahoo email.

2) You do have an option of using the actual app for Yahoo Mail. Open up GOOGLE PLAY STORE and search for Yahoo.

It is just sad that we have to go through all this effort just to use a really elegant product.

I use the standard email app on my MAXX with no extra apps and I am now able to pop my Yahoo account (both of them), my Gmail account, an SBCGlobal account and my work account all from one app just as it should be. No more annoying text msgs and no switching between apps - as it should be! :)

My advice is try to figure out whatever aspect of Sync that is causing this mess and disable it.

Upvote 0
Can anyone show me how to delete Yahoo mail from my accounts? I want to be done with all this text crap. I disable the sync service and I can't get my emails from Yahoo. I enable my Yahoo and I get my emails along with all the text spam.

I want to delete Yahoo and perhaps download the Yahoo app from Google Play.

Can anyone show me how to delete the account? I tried holding it down, but all it gives me is "Open Account" option.

Edit: Nevermind. Problem solved. Deleted Yahoo mail and downloaded Yahoomail app from Google Play.
Hopefully this will be the end of those annoying text.

Upvote 0
It is just sad that we have to go through all this effort just to use a really elegant product.

I use the standard email app on my MAXX with no extra apps and I am now able to pop my Yahoo account (both of them), my Gmail account, an SBCGlobal account and my work account all from one app just as it should be. No more annoying text msgs and no switching between apps - as it should be! :)

My advice is try to figure out whatever aspect of Sync that is causing this mess and disable it.[/QUOTE]

If you figure that out...let us know.

For those that are getting the text message....if they follow the first option I posted they will still get all of their email through the one app. I have 3 different account setup on my phone,

Upvote 0
Yes. I lost my Yahoo mail service through the Droid email app. But I am no longer getting the annoying text from VZn. That's the price I'm willing to pay.

Folks I'm telling you there is no need to run another 3rd party app to get email. I have my Yahoo account (x2), Gmail and other accounts all being popped from my standard VZN mail app. No annoying txt msgs anymore.

Check the solution I posted above. You web account screens may vary a bit, but it works..

Hopefully it will work for you as it does for me.

Upvote 0
Folks I'm telling you there is no need to run another 3rd party app to get email. I have my Yahoo account (x2), Gmail and other accounts all being popped from my standard VZN mail app. No annoying txt msgs anymore.

Check the solution I posted above. You web account screens may vary a bit, but it works..

Hopefully it will work for you as it does for me.

I wish I can do this, but I didn't follow your direction. First, I can't figure out where you see "Device". I have 5 phone in my family account. So if I can't find "Device", how can I see "Manage Contacts"?

Please post a screen shot of what you did.

Upvote 0
I've not gotten this particular error message that this app is supposed to solve. Our problem is the blank text from VZN.

Are you 100% sure that this app will take care of that problem as well? If it does, then I might give it a shot.

Since this solves the backup assistant problem, and your email is backed up if you use the native email app, this may solve the problem.

Upvote 0
i had this issue when i first got my phone, and disabling the sync service just screwed up my email sync.

to fix it you actually have to go into the online verizon sync email inbox thing, and in the options you can disable the text notification.

that fixed it for me

edit: instructions :go to my verizon, then more actions, then manage my inbox, then on the right hand side, click settings, scroll to the bottom and uncheck message alerts post #43 has a pic

Upvote 0
I dont know why I put myself through this. I had it working fine but had to try your suggestion. Its much clearer than the one above but I cant get to the last step. After More Action I Click Manage My Inbox.....but there are no Settings to the right. It launches the stupid flash Backup Assistant. No settings anywhere to be found.

Upvote 0
weird, it shows my inbox, then on the far right hand side it has another box that says new message and underneath it a box that says my tags, underneath that it says "Get PIN" | "Settings" | "Help" and you click on that settings

oh, the settings is in the backup assistant
i included a pic of where the settings button is

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
A perhaps interesting factoid is that I started getting these messages while abroad. (As did my mother, who is also on the RAZR MAXX.) Everything was going all spiffy with the MAXX until such time as we landed in the UK, turned on our phones, and were freakin' BARRAGED by these text messages.

(Related, I think, were the text messages VZW cheerfully sent informing me of every voice mail message.)

We'd never received any of these texts before, but something about being global triggered them.

I ended up using the solution of deleting the email accounts from Backup Assistant which had the annoying side effect of permanently deleting the accounts from my PHONE -- I say "permanently" because it would give an error when I tried to reinstall them. Without any available solution (and having limited time on free wi-fi), I went with the workaround of downloading K-9 mail. This had the added of bonus of being a way better app for handling mail, at least for my own purposes of mail handling.

Back in the States, I also eliminated from my account that part of Backup Assistant which apparently remembers all your email accounts. (I forget what it was called, but that's how it was described in my calling features.) Just for the heck of it, I tried reinstalling one of the email accounts (in the e-mail app) and it worked. (Yay!) Not that I want to go back to using the e-mail app, but it's nice to know that I'm now able to reinstall the accounts, should I wish to do so.

Conclusion: Backup Assistant is to blame all around. I really hate programs which try to help me when I don't want their damn help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones