• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can i recover my lost photos from Samsung s5?

Hello, I need help! I'm not the techiest guy, I accidentally deleted my photos on my a Samsung Galaxy S5 a few days ago. Since then, I've been frantically trying to recover the deleted files. I should add that the phone does not have an external memory card - all data is stored on the phone itself. I tried Recuva initially and managed to pull all the files back, but they cannot be viewed. I now want to try PhotoRec but do not know if this even works on Android devices. Could someone please confirm?
Also, the PhtoRec software does not seem the simplest to use so any help explained in simple terms would be much appreciated, or is there any other softwares that acn recover my deleted photos from Android phone ( galaxy s5, Android 5.1)

Thanks,

You probably will not be able to retrieve them in working order.

The file system gets overwritten the instant that the deletion takes place. And new operations are allowed to use that memory space that was freed up.... and the normal use of the phone will cause that to happen.

I highly suggest you just suck it up, buy a Class 10 extSDcard and put it in the phone.
Then go into Camera Settings and change the Default location to extSDcard.

That way, you will be a lot safer... but, you gotta be careful about deletes.

I always copy from the phone to my PC, that is where I do my editing and deletes...
The phone is my backup until I am satisfied the PC files are all as wanted.

then I clean off the stuff on the phone....... if that is needed.

There is another option, use google backup, or other host, and have you pix automatically backed up when the WiFi is enabled.
that gives you a 2nd set.... there are a lot of cloud storage options, just look around.

Reactions: binhnguyenmoz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones