• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I save an MP3 from a text message

raptorjrf

Nov 8, 2009
I want to add some custom ringtones. Ringdroid and Ring Extender both do a nice job, but you need to have the song in order to make a ringtone. I have downloaded ringtones that came as MP3 attachments to a text message.

But, I cannot figure out how to save those MP3's. There's no media icon I can click and hold. If I try menu while it's playing - it just backs me out of it, and if I try menu before playing it I just get the usual SMS reply options.

I created a folder on my sd card called "ringtones". I mounted the usb and went online to Mabilo and saved a couple of music ringtones. I had to go to my Downloads folder on my computer and copy the two mp3 files to my ringtones folder on the sd card. Those two music ringtones now show in my list of ringtones that I can choose on my phone. I don't know if this is harder or easier but it is a workaround that doesn't require any apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones