• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 as a bluetooth audio receiver?

Hi,

I have a bluetooth audio A2DP transmitter (a BTT005) which I am using to send bluetooth audio from my telly to something.

The original idea was to transmit this to my mobile phone (samsung galaxy S3), and use the normal headphones on the samsung phone to listen to the telly quietly while I'm working late at night.

For some reason, I can't see any way to pair the a2dp transmitter with the galaxy s3 as a receiver.

There seems to be plenty about sending an audio stream out FROM the S3 to a receiver, but no info about configuring the phone to receive an audio stream IN to it.

Can anybody help?

(Obviously the other answer is to buy a bluetooth headset to receive the audio stream, but I thought it would be cool to use my phone as the headphones).

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers

John.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones